Pond and Garden Tour features 11 homes
July 28, 2022
The annual Green River Pond and Garden Tour has returned. The 2022 tour will open the garden gates to 11 garden homes in Green River and Rock Springs Saturday, Aug. 6.
The tour will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is free to the public. Tour guides are available at Riverside Nursery and the Green River Chamber of Commerce.
A master gardener will be available for questions at the Howes' home during the tour. In addition, the owners of one of the Rock Springs homes own a food truck, so Tip's Kitchen will be open at the Tiptons' selling food for anyone who gets hungry.
Raffle tickets will also be sold throughout the tour, and all raffle items will be displayed at garden homes. Funds from the raffle will be used to purchase a tree and plaque to be placed on Uinta Drive celebrating Wiley and Toni Morgan.
"Wiley was one of the original pond members who felt it was important to share backyard ponding to our community," a post on the Green River Pond and Garden Facebook page explained. "Wiley passed away last year and Toni a few years ago. It's important that we celebrate the Morgans and all their accomplishments making our community a beautiful jewel in the high desert region."
"I hope everyone takes advantage of this beautiful event," Lyneen Murphy, the tour organizer, said. "Don't forget your camera for those garden ideas you want to add to your backyard oasis."
Pond Tour Homes
1. The Measles' - 345 Hutton Street
2. The Murphys' - 525 Hackberry Street
3. The Bowlings' - 605 Easy Street
4. The Crums' - 210 Maple Circle
5. The Slaughters' - 745 Ironwood Street
6. The Howes' - 1165 Parkview Drive
7. The Byrds' - 281 Logan Street
8. The Sorensons' - 1870 Montana Way
9. The Olds' - 185 Grandview Drive
10. The Tiptons' - 818 McCarty Avenue
11. The Robinsons' - 25 Cedar Street