Green River Star -

Author photo

By David Martin

Sweetwater GOP opposes tax proposal


September 16, 2021

A general purpose tax initiative being voted on in November has garnered opposition from the Sweetwater GOP as government leaders grapple with how they can inform county residents about how it will be used.

The tax proposal would specify 75% of the tax to be spent to provide emergency ambulance services and funding to the Sweetwater County Joint Powers Combined Communications Board, which handles emergency dispatch services throughout the county. The other 25% would be used for economic development purposes, primarily funding efforts by the Sweetwater County Economic Development Coalition....

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 03/31/2023 01:07