Stove starts house fire Saturday

A fire Saturday afternoon resulted in the Green River Fire Department sending two trucks and 28 firefighters to combat the blaze.

According to a media release from the city, firefighters were dispatched to 1210 Midwest Drive after a fire broke out from a wood-burning stove placed in the residence’s garage. According to Larry Erdmann, assistant fire chief, the fire appeared to have started while two people in the home were busy winterizing it. Erdmann said the stove was never used and wasn’t properly installed. The house fire started at the stove pipe, where it went through the side of the home...


Reader Comments(0)