Green River Star -

Fire extinguished on Wilson Street

 


Responding to seven calls within five hours, the Green River Fire Department had a busy day last week.

The calls took place from 3-8 p.m., Wednesday and included a structure fire reported at 4:30 p.m., at 610 Wilson St. According to Larry Erdmann, assistant fire chief, the fire was caused by a plastic cigarette butt container placed next to the trailer. The container melted and due to strong winds, melted onto the deck and the trailer’s vinyl siding. A fire ignited and spread rapidly. Erdmann said the fire spread to the attic space of the trailer.

It took firefighters 10 minutes to control the blaze. The trailer sustained some structural damage and interior smoke damage.

Firefighters had to return to the location later to cool down hot spots within the trailer because its roofing system contained two false roofs. No injuries or damage to nearby property was reported. Erdmann said the firefighters on scene wrapped up their operations by 10 p.m.

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020