Apartment fire caused by lit candle
December 9, 2020
A Saturday afternoon fire at 370 Upland Way was started by a candle according to Larry Erdmann, assistant fire chief for the Green River Fire Department.
The fire department was called to the fire at 1:43 p.m. Saturday after a resident reported hearing a fire alarm in a nearby apartment. The caller said they could smell smoke, but firefighters could not see smoke of flames when they arrived. Apartment residents outside said they could see flames from under the door on the third floor of the complex.
Firefighters forced entry into the apartment as the door was locked and the space was unoccu...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.