Green River Star -

By Stephanie Thompson
People Editor 

Green River home damaged by fire

 

Stephanie Thompson

Green River Fire Department firefighter Clay Allen hurries to the fire truck to help get things set up to put the house fire out.

An unattended burning candle was the cause of a Green River house fire.

Last Thursday, around 3 p.m. the Green River Fire Department responded to 2265 Hitching Post for a report of a fire.

GRFD Chief Mike Nomis said the volunteer fire department had a quick-response time for that time of the day, which was when all of the schools were being let out. Due to the quick reaction of the firefighters, the fire was contained to the living room. The living room was pretty much burnt up, but the rest of the house only sustained smoke damage, he said.

Those witnessing the fire could see smoke billowi...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 10/19/2017 02:10