Green River Star -

By Lillian Palmer
Staff Writer 

Deputy saves man from fire

No injuries resulted from fire

 


Immediate action from a deputy sheriff saved a man and house from fire Thursday. The Green River Fire Department was called to a residence on Jan. 21 for a kitchen fire. The fire appeared to be an accidental start. The home owner was at home at the time of the fire. A burner on the stove was turned on, and left on accidentally.

Something on the counter next to the stove fell into the trash can and started the trash on fire.

Luckily, Cpl. Tony Niemiec of the Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office happened to be in the area at the time of the fire, heard the call for the fire and responded pr...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018